Following is a copy of an email I have just sent to Mr Alam, Contracts Manager of Camden Council having received his letter dated 13th July commenting on the ‘progress of the communal flooring works to SEC’. As you will gather, I am absolutely furious!
I wrote to you on 27th June 2015 and then again on 7th July 2015 and have yet to receive a reply or answers to the questions myself and other leaseholders have. However, I come home tonight to a letter, from you, which has been put through my door today regarding the progress of the communal flooring works to SEC and an opportunity to ‘choose the colour of floor tiles on our estate’ with a choice of three drop in sessions, none of which are beyond 6.30pm! Very considerate, not, as I like many others work and don’t get home by then.
So it appears to me that the fact that the costs have gone from an approx £1419 per leaseholder to £4500+ is something I and other leaseholders just have to deal with?! How disrespectful is that? Councillor Revah and Terry Wiggett is this how we should be expected treated? Are we just expected to pay whatever figure Camden decide to pull out of their hat? Do Camden think we are all lottery winners? Yet again I repeat:
* This would mean we have bills of £3500-£4700 for cold water pipe replacement, £2000+ for decoration of porches and £4500+ for flooring (should this go ahead). When will final costs options be provided to leaseholders and will this be prior to the work, be it cleaning or tiles, being approved?
I am disgusted and very, very angry and will be putting a copy of this correspondence up on my blog.
With this huge rise in costs I ask, yet again:
* How does the bill per leaseholder go from approximately £1419 each (in Dec 2014) to £4500 (in June 2015)?* How many of the 47 who responded are leaseholders?
* Given the astronomical amount leaseholders have only just been informed they are going to expected to pay (yet again) for this work, can we request another survey be done before this work is agreed?
* Given that only 33.33% of the flats in SEC actually responded to the survey, is this a valid enough result for Camden to go ahead with the decision to tile our porches?
* Despite an email from Mr Amal stating that the caretakers fee would be reduced due to the fact that he couldn’t clean our porches for months, my Service Fee invoice did not reflect any form of refund – where is my refund?
As this is the third time I have asked these questions, I (and the other leaseholders I have talked to) would like a response by return.
Miss Pier Reid
South End Close